Saturday, April 26, 2008

Environmentally Friendly Clever Girl...

A few weeks ago I saw an article on the news about a Clever Girl (Nicole Golland) who had designed and made a reusable cloth envelope called Lopees to send money and correspondence to and from school. This is instead of using the printed paper envelopes that constantly flow between home and school.

I ordered and received very promptly 3 envelopes. Two for the school aged children, and one for kinder. They were a great price - $5.50 each, including postage within Victoria.

What I love about them is that they cut down on the use of paper envelopes, they are washable (for when I find them shoved in the lunch box with half a pear), and is made from organic cotton grown in India.

My only problem is now I am going to have to buy more. Did you know a Nintendo DS fits perfectly into one of these envelopes? As well as a crystal collection? So now the children have requested that I order more for them to keep their special things in!!!

To find out more information about this wonderful environmentally friendly product that makes my life easier, go to
www.lopees.com.au. It would be great if all schools could include this in their booklists.

I just had to ask Nicole about the unusual name. “The name Lopees comes from my kids really, as we wanted something easy for kids to say, and it was the end of the word enveLOPE, and that is how we got Lopees…

Remember, you can email me at clevergirls@spiderware.com.au and let me know any Clever Girls you come across.

Susan

No comments: